Thursday, 2 April 2015

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing the product?


The process I went through to construct my product is that I first had to do research analysis to understand my genre (indie rock) as well as know the historical contents and researching indie rock bands throughout the ages. Doing a research analysis helped me to understand the style of indie rock, why it is different from alternative rock and people who are into that type of genre, using the internet for research espically YouTube which gives you a faster  visual learning. Using the internet I made an online questionnaire soft ware, Survey Monkey for people to fill in about what they think about the indie rock genre. Using an online questionnaire helped get results faster and more organised other than doing it manually.  What magazines they have heard of, favourite colour scheme and artist they listen to, this has helped me construct the way I laid out my magazine and what to put there. Using a bridge and LSR camera to take my photos for my production has helped me to experiment different camera techniques such as manual focus along with experimenting different angles to take photos, such as low angle, high angle, mid shot, long shot etc. Which are all effective. Also experimenting with light low key lighting and natural lighting taking photography in the studio or outdoors. Throughout the production I used Google to search images of music magazines to get inspiration and compare mine with them, YouTube to help me use the software Photoshop also went through music websites such NME and Rolling Stone. The post production I used to create my magazine was Photoshop. How I used a ranged of web applications and web online forums to showcase my research is registering to them such as prezi, creating a presentation then embedding it to my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment